Friday, January 7, 2011

Then Sings My Soul by Robert J, Morgan

In his book Then Sings My Soul, Robert J. Morgan tells the stories behind 150 Christmas, Easter and All-Time Favorite Hymns. In this book the author shares with us the fascinating accounts of tribulations, triumphs, struggles, and hope that he found while exploring the stories behind these hymns. He found that the people who wrote these hymns were just ordinary people who connected with God in amazing ways, sharing their experiences through song. This book was written to help you, “discover the inspiration behind your favorite hymns.” To allow us as the reader to relate to the people who walked these hymns.

I really enjoyed reading this book because the stories of the men and women who wrote these hymns are very encouraging to me. I also enjoyed learning how they came up with the ideas for some of what I would consider the best hymns. It is so encouraging to learn of others who have walked through some of the circumstances we go through, and face some of the same struggles and emotions that we feel. It is eye opening to realize that even hundreds of years ago, someone had some of the same feelings that we have and it’s neat to see how we can relate to those people. I enjoyed reading these stories, because in some cases it really helps you understand the hymn more when you know the background to it. Thanks to Booksneeze for providing me a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment