Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Promises to Keep by Ann Tatlock

Promises to Keep by Ann Tatlock is about a mother trying to keep her kids safe, two young girls who share secrets, a father desperate to reunite with his family, and an older woman who is determined to die in her home. This book was an interesting read, although I found it rather slow. The story line is good, but to me it just seemed to drag on and by the end you basically knew what was going to happen before it took place. The author does a good job of developing the characters and making you feel for what they are going through, but there are so many extra things in this book, that had I not been so interested in knowing how it ended I would not finished the book. I am a person who loves a good novel but this one just didn’t seem to hold my attention until we were about 50 pages from the end of the book.Thanks to Bethany House Publishers for sending me this book free to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment