Sunday, August 29, 2010

Our Miracle!

So by now I am sure that most of you have either gotten a visit, phone call, text or saw our post on facebook that we are going to be parents. But do you all truly know how BIG of a miracle this is?

When I was 15 or 16 I was diagnosed with endometriosis. If you don't know what it is here's a link you can check out. I was told then that I had a slim chance of ever having children and that if I wanted them I needed to try sooner than later, this is a lot to tell a 16 year old, especially when I had always dreamed of having children and being a Mommy. As the years went on the endometriosis got worse and I had to try all different kinds of hormonal therapies, to try to have a relatively pain free life. All of those treatments according to the doctors lessened my chance of having children but they made me able to live a relatively normal life.

Throughout the years I had always known that at some point I would have children, but I had resigned myself to that fact that these children wouldn't come from my body but from my heart, through adoption and I was OK with that because I know that there are lots of children out there who need a mommy and a daddy.

I have had lots of friends and family who have been praying for us through the years and you all know who you are.

In March of this year I talked to the doctor about either having a hysterectomy or trying to get pregnant because we (Matt and I) are not getting any younger, and I don't want to live the rest of my life in pain, or the fear that it might come back. So after getting the clear from the doctor and waiting the two months to be sure that the medicine was clear from my system, the doctor was afraid that if we did conceive there would be terrible birth defects. The doctor also told me that there is a large chance that we would never conceive. I told him I understood what he was saying but I have a promise from God that I can cling to that "With God all things are Possible!" That specific phrase is mentioned many times in the Bible, and that's what I was clinging to, and I also knew what God says in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." So I knew that whether we were able to conceive naturally or if we were to adopt that God knew what was best for us, and that He will never harm us.

So thank you all for sharing in our miracle, and please continue to keep us in your prayers, this is definitely a new but exciting chapter for us.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Hayley and Matt, we are so get happy for you. We know the struggles you have had. God is just reconfirming how absolutely awesome he is! Congratulations and we can't wait to welcome healthy baby Neal! Love and miss you! Sara & Chris

    ReplyDelete