Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Beyond Talent by John C. Maxwell

Beyond Talent by John C. Maxwell is about how talent is just the start of being successful. Each chapter contains inspiring real life stories that help enforce the point of the chapter. This book talks about the truths that successful people know: belief lifts your talent; initiative activates your talent; focus directs your talent; preparation positions your talent; practice sharpens your talent; perseverance sustains your talent; character protects your talent…and more. You can have talent alone and fall short of your potential. Or you can go beyond talent and really stand out.

I was very excited about getting this book because I am a huge John C. Maxwell fan and have read most of his other books. This book is like the others in that it is his easy to read, understand, and down to earth style of writing. I was disappointed though because as I was reading the book I realized that I had already read it except it was previously released under the title “Talent is Never Enough.” This book even though written by a Christian author uses very few if any Biblical references. I would recommend this book as long as you are not looking for a book about talent and scripture. Thanks to Thomas Nelson for providing me with an advanced reading copy of this book for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment