Friday, July 16, 2010

"Cast of Characters" by Max Lucado

Have you ever felt like you couldn’t relate to the people in the Bible, that their stories were just history and not relevant to you today? In his book “Cast of Characters” Max Lucado retells stories of Bible Heroes and helps you realize that they were just “common people in the hands of an uncommon God.” He helps you see how their stories can be relevant today and how you are very similar to them.

This book was such an encouragement to me, because it helped me realize that God doesn’t use perfect people, and the people who have it all together. Rather, He uses those who have problems and bad habits and makes their lives an example of His love, grace and mercy. This book is another treasure by Max Lucado and really helped me see that I have similarities to the people of the Bible and that God can use me just like he used them. I may not ever know the impact of my life, just like the people in the Bible didn’t know the impact that they would have on generations to come, but God has a plan and a purpose for everything that we do.

I would like to thank Thomas Nelson for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment